Tuesday, July 03, 2007

guruji.com

I heard about this search engine company many days back. Yesterday they have started a contest " search and win". I played the contest my referral link is here.

But i didn't get the idea behind this contest. Do they want to show off their product to the outer world? I still feel that Its relatively impossible to find accurate data particularly for indian(or any country) content. They may have taken assumptions based on geographic, IP based, or content related, or what ever it may be... there is no proper way to categorize the data that its belonging to particular place. A person working in Canada( born and bought up in India) may want to write his daily musings/happenings may be in canada or india or what ever he wants. I am still wondering how many of users would be interested in to search for India related content (especially in this globalized world).

Update:
I won a T-Shirt playing on this contest. Thanks to guruji.com team.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Friends,

For my point of view guruji is a cool website and the info it is giving is awesome but when i first visited the site it was as if i am seeing a desi google (nothing different from google).i think the site shud change the way it looks.

Regards
Neha Negi
http://www.indiatourismhub.com

Post a Comment

Drop your message here to get in touch with me