Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Browse by name

Its not rather a new concept to the techies, but i havnt find it till i had an exiting experience with my flock browser yesterday. I used to type the website full address along with the http://, but yesterday, while browsing, i forgotten to press "Ctrl+Enter" after typing google, just pressed "Enter" button. I thought that it may raise DNS error. Its a surprise for me and it wents to display the google home page. Then later i tried to type "ICDE 2007", which goes to the page http://www.srdc.metu.edu.tr/webpage/icde/ . Later i think of why this is happening , even our DNS sometimes not able to resolve some new site names and it will take some time to refresh its DNS entries. I keep on tried some more key words and came to know that it is only being done for some of the keywords. Later i came to know that this is what people call "Browse by Name". Its a feature being added in Google toolbar for IE. As if any new feature is added in IE, it'll definitely done in Firefox. When it is being done in IE with Google toolbar, its being directed me either directly to a corresponding site or google search page. But with the Flock broser, which i use often, it tries to redirect to the first site based on a combination of keywords. I forgotten to mention, Flock is a Web browser based on the Mozilla code base. It has most of the Firefox features with extra features.

2 comments:

Vikram said...

Hi Uma,

I'm doing my MBA from IIT Delhi. Right now as a part of my MBA curriculum, I'm doing my Summer Internship with IBM, Global Services, Pune.

Will be here till July 23rd :).

Are you done with your PG ??

uma said...

testing changedetector tool

Post a Comment

Drop your message here to get in touch with me